There are plenty of creams, ointments, and wipes that contain chemicals that aren't necessary especially when you have a natural alternative. Here are some simple ways to makeover your diaper bag with essential oils.
1. For Momma - Keep hydrated. Dehydration can lead to exhaustion. Add essential oils like Lemon or Wild Orange to your water throughout the day.
2. Diaper Cream - This recipe is free of petroleum and artificial ingredients that can cause even more irritation to baby's skin.
3. Peppermint Beadlet - A burst of Peppermint will freshen breath and soothe tummy discomfort.
4. Essential Oils - Gentle oils like Lavender and Melaleuca are must haves.
5. Coconut Oil - Moisturize and protect skin without any oily residue.
6. Baby Wipes - Commercial wipes are made with ingredients that can actually irritate a baby's sensitive skin. This easy recipe is good on the go, just place the wipes in a wet bag.
Essential Oils For Baby
Apply neat or with a carrier oil onto the chest to open airways.
Basil, Lavender & Melaleuca
Gently apply on the ear with a cotton ball, avoiding the ear canal, to help relieve earaches.
Massage clockwise onto an upset tummy or rub on the bottoms of feet.
Soothes irritated skin.
Calming, relaxing, soothes irritated skin.
Soothes irritated skin and has strong anti-fungal properties.
Use this cream for rashes, burns, cuts or dry skin.
What You Need:
1/2 oz. Beeswax
3 1/2 oz. Fractionated Coconut Oil
2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
2 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
4 oz. Glass Jar (use an empty baby food jar)
Spoon or Stick For Stirring
Take the beeswax and place it in the glass jar. Place the jar in the top part of a double boiler. Gently melt it over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
Slowly add the fractionated coconut oil.
Remove from heat and add the essential oils. Stir and then let the mixture cool. Label the jar for use.
Baby Powder (Talc-Free)
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder
1 drop Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
1-2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
1/4 cup Finely Ground Oats
Mix well and put in a shaker style bottle. (use an empty spice jar (glass) with a sifter lid)
Homemade Diaper Wipes
1 roll of Premium Paper Towels
2 cups Warm Water
2 Tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
3 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
Airtight Storage Container
Combine water and oils.
Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a serrated knife. Use half of the roll now and save the other half for later.
Place the paper towels in the storage container and add water/oil mixture slowly turning until all the mixture is absorbed.
Remove the cardboard roll and pull wipes from the center.