Here is a very simple craft to trim your Christmas tree...or your office, or your car, or your closet...whatever.
Cinnamon ornaments scented with essential oils! I can't wait to make these tonight with my daughters. They love to bake and they love doing crafts...and they LOVE Christmas. We're going to have so much fun and my home is going to smell amazing!
I love the smell of gingerbread. There's just something about it that can make any day of the year a little like Christmas. To give the ornaments a gingerbread aroma use the combo of Ginger, Cinnamon & Clove essential oils.
Photos of our finished ornaments will be posted shortly. Don't wait to get your "crafty" on! And share links to your finished ornaments in the comments below...I can't wait to see what you create.
2 cups apple sauce
2 cups ground cinnamon
Christmas cookie cutters
Essential oils of your choice (some essential oils you could use are cinnamon, clove, wild orange, white fir, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 200°F. Mix together 2 cups applesauce, 2 cups ground cinnamon, and 15 drops of essential oil(s) in a large mixing bowl until it forms into a ball.
2. Take the cinnamon dough ball and roll onto a piece of parchment paper until it reaches 1/4-1/3 of an inch thick. You might have to divide the ball into 3-4 sections and roll out 1 section at a time depending on counter space.
Tip: To help keep cinnamon from sticking to the rolling-pin or table, sprinkle ground cinnamon on table and rolling pin to help it not stick.
3. Take desired cookie cutters and cut into the dough. Take the cut pieces and place on baking sheet that is lined in parchment paper.
4. Take the straw and poke a hole in the top of the ornament. This will be where you will later tie your ribbon. Tip: Don’t put the hole too close to the top of the ornament. Leave at least a 1/4-1/2 inch space from top.
5. Put baking sheets in preheated oven and bake for 2 1/2 hours or until ornaments are completely dry. Once dry, transfer to wire rack. Note: You could also dry the ornaments at room temperature. To do this, carefully place each ornament on wire rack and let them sit for 1 to 2 days until completely dry, turning occasionally.
6. Insert ribbon through holes and tie.
7. Hang tied ornaments onto your tree, in your office, in your car, in your closet...WHEREVER!